Last year, hubby and I stumbled across a new show that everyone was raving about – True Blood.
We downloaded a few episodes, grabbed the popcorn and settled in for an “at home date night”. The intro came on and I wondered what the hell I had gotten myself into, but since I don’t like to judge a book by it’s cover we decided to watch the entire episode prior to forming an opinion.
Episode 1 down…
- Hubby: What did you think?
- Me: I’m not sure what to think. What the hell did we just watch?
- Hubby: I’m not sure but it was strange, like fuckin’ really strange!
- Me: Yeah, I guess strange is one word to describe it…
- Me: Ok, well let’s watch episode 2 before we throw in the towel.
Episode 2 down…
- Hubby: Well?
- Me: Weird, really weird, yet somehow intoxicating! Let’s watch more!
The rest is history! I’m seriously a True Blood addict (the show, not the drink), but since it’s such a bizarre show, it doesn’t feel right to advertise my addiction to it, which is why it’s a guilty pleasure for me. I’m still not sure what draws me in every week. Maybe it’s the way Bill says Sookie.
And for some reason, it only feels right if I watch it at night. I wonder if that has something to do with the fear of Eric Northman catching on fire due to the sunlight shining through my windows? That would be a tragedy!
So, confess…are you a closet addict?