“And in the end it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.”
– Abraham Lincoln
Monthly Archives: September 2011
My favorite song of the moment is Someone Like You by Adele. Upon hearing it for the first time, it sounded like an old familiar tune, like your favorite tattered teddy bear from when you were a child. Her voice is spectacular and the lyrics are the bomb! I’m certain that most of us can relate with what she’s saying, at least at one point in our lives…
So, what do you think? Are you an Adele fan too?
Who knew a post about wine could draw in so many new visitors?! Since my first review, wine has been gaining speed in the top search engine terms that bring people to Candidly Savage. Big ass and friendship better move over!
Glad to know I’m not the only one out there addicted to a good bottle of wine!
Selection of the week…
- Brand: Pro+mis+Q+ous (red)
- Varietal: Red Blend (Zinfandel, Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah)
- Vintage: ?
- Region: CA (42% Lodi)
- Savage Rating: 8
- Notes: berry with a little kick
- Website: http://www.promisqous.com/
- 10 = OMG! This wine is so good, I want to bathe in it!
- 9 = Outstanding! I could enjoy a glass or two or three every night
- 8 = Very Good! I might even share this bottle because it’s good, but not so outstanding that I want it all for myself
- 7 = Good, but this wine better move over if there is an 8,9, or 10 in the room
- 6 = It’s ok. I probably won’t purchase again, but if someone else purchases it, I wouldn’t turn it down
- 5 = Not bad, but not too good either
- 4 = Not my cup of tea
- 3 = A waste of money – Period
- 2 = Pretty horrible, but not quite backwash material
- 1 = I’d rather be drinking backwash from my kids
“All children are born artists. The problem is to remain an artist as we grow up.”
– Pablo Picasso
In the spirit of Picaso, I’m going to try and encourage my children more with their “art” this week…
whether it be Nate listening to and
screaming singing along with “Comin’ Home” by Diddy every morning or singing the same line of Justin Beiber’s “Baby” over and over again in his bed at night….
or maybe Riley’s “art” of trying new food combinations such as dipping bananas in pancake syrup or her love for all things ballet and demanding we read the ballet book over and over again…
my goal for the week is to break down the walls in my box and let them be little artists in their own way, not the way I think they should be.
somebody’s watching me….
So, I’m upstairs surfing on the Mac last tonight and notice a strange new something out of the corner of my eye.
When I turn to see what it is, I get the bejesus scared out of me. I swore that ugly monkey was just on the floor – how did he get all the way up on the lamp shade?
Is it just me, or do sock monkeys give you the creeps too? They are just not natural.